Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Quilty Fun's 1st Birthday Party!!!

We are having a party! Today Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet and Fat Quarter Shop are celebrating the 1st birthday of Lori's fabulous first book Quilty Fun.

Lori has created this super cute birthday block for the occasion. You can download the instructions for the block HERE!

I had fun picking fabrics for the block. Of course, I had to use some of Lori's fabrics! My daughter kept commenting how cute the block was when I was making it. She just had a birthday and she got a mandolin. I am going to turn the block into a little tote bag for her to keep some of her guitar and mandolin accessories.

I also pulled some fabric to finally get started on this adorable Apple-licious quilt from Quilty Fun! I love this quilt and can't wait to get started on it!

Be sure to check out the other birthday blocks and download the free pattern HERE!
And the book is available for purchase HERE!

Have a great day!

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin


11 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

First Birthday of Quilty Fun Book! Wow - I too can't believe a whole year has gone by. Though I've used many of its wonderful patterns - I have yet to do this book proper justice.
So happy to hear your daughter plays the Mandolin. Not too many play this instrument. I've played it for years - tell her to keep it up and enjoy!

Nisa-mom said...

aaw, so cute. How big the finish block is, Erin ?

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I love your cake with the pink dotty background! And Lori's Sew Cherry floral is perfect. I can't wait to see your apple quilt - it's on my to-do list, too!

Alexandra Abarca said...

Congratulations, all good news.
Feliz martes desde Costa Rica.

Sewn With Grace said...

Such a pretty block Erin! I can't wait to make one!

Lorrie said...

Your version of the birthday block is great!

Lori Holt said...

Your Quilty Fun cake is so sweet Erin!
Thanks for coming to my party:)
Happy birthday to your sweet daughter!
xx
Lori

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Very cute cake Erin!! Love the fabric!!

Swedish Scrapper said...

Very very cute!!

vintage grey said...

Your block is so sweet Erin!! Just love it!! xo Heather

Karin said...

I love the birthday cake block! I might have to get that book, thanks for the tip!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...