Monday, June 15, 2015

:: Catching Up ::

Summer is in full swing here at our house and I'm loving it! I'm getting some time this morning to dust off my little space here and catch up with you all. I've been getting in some sewing as well as a lot of gardening.  

I'm still working on my Jewel Star hexies. Oh, how I adore this little project! 

I'm in the process of attaching the outer diamonds now. Still, I'm undecided as to whether I'll make this into a mini or a pillow. 



Our garden is starting to look full and lovely. I can't wait to eat my first tomatoes and squash from this seasons garden. There is NOTHING like a homegrown garden tomato, you know, if you like tomatoes, which I do! A tomato and mayonnaise sandwich has to be on the top of my list for favorite foods. 




My husband is helping me create a pretty perennial flower garden. I love Tasha Tudor! Her home and gardens are dream like and just so beautiful. I want to have flowers everywhere just like her. 

You may have noticed this little guy in a couple of pictures above. We got a new kitten. He is so cute and very sweet. 

Needless to say he is well loved here. 



I've been sewing a few "special" hexies for a swap I'm doing. 

I've been working off my WIP list and starting a few new projects. I finished this Dresden from quite a while back. It's appliquéd onto a really yummy white vintage linen. So nice! I turned it into a pillow for my bed. 

I also finally got my Briar Rose quilt top all put together! I love this one so much! I can't wait to get it all quilted and use it for lots of picnics this summer! 
There are several other things I've started and finished and I'll share them here soon. I hope all of you are doing well. You can find me on posting on Instagram pretty often these days. It's a lot of fun! 

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin 

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great post, hexies, quilts, and I sure love your new kitty!

Jeannie B. said...

I enjoyed seeing your pretty things. And I love your fabric/color choices! This was my first visit to your blog but I will visit again. I'm not a real quilter but am enjoying being a beginner quilter and love stitching by hand when I can.
\

KMSC said...

I love all of your hexies. What wonderful projects they will make. What is your kitty's name? He's adorable.

Missy Shay said...

I love your hexies and dresden and of course your kitten is adorable!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...