Friday, September 25, 2015

Farm Girl Fridays - Welcome Block


Good Morning! I'm so happy today is my day on the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along with Lori Holt and Fat Quarter Shop. It's week 22 and we are almost finished sewing the 45 blocks for the sew along. It has been such fun seeing all of the blocks people are making from Lori's book Farm Girl Vintage. 



My block is the Welcome Block. Lori named the block Welcome because it's also used in her Farmhouse Lane quilt from the book and the block looks like colorful welcoming flowers. I love the colors Lori used for the block in her book. I wanted to keep it as close to those as possible when I made mine.

The red and mint prints are from Lori's Modern Minis line and the center coral print is from Lecien. 


There are instructions for both 6" or 12" blocks. I chose to make the 6" blocks. They are just too cute to resist! I am not all caught up on my blocks yet and it's not too late to sew along at any time. 



I love Lori's style and I have learned so much from her you tube videos and books. If you haven't already checked out her videos with Fat Quarter Shop on You Tube I highly recommend them. I love her system for saving and storing scraps and her quilty back pockets. 

HERE is the schedule for the sew along where you can see all of the blocks that have been made so far. 

Happy sewing!
xo Erin

3 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Hi Erin,
This is stamperlady50 from IG. Love your block and thank you so much for answering my questions. I am starting this adorable #farmgirlfridays late, but will enjoy it. Off to subscribe. Chris

Lori Holt said...

Hi Erin!
I love your Welcome block and all of your other
Farm Girl blocks you have sewn so far!
Thanks so much for taking your turn in our sew along...
and for mentioning that it's not too late to start:)
xx
Lori

Barbara McD said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! Great job on the block!!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...